Publication Ethics of Indonesia Goverment
Head of LIPI under Regulation No. 5 of 2014 on the Code of Ethics of Scientific Publications. The purpose of the publication of a code of conduct is to uphold the values of (i) Neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in the management of the publication; (ii) Justice, which gives the right of authorship to the beneficiary as the author; and (iii) Honesty, which is free of duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism in the publication.
Duties and Responsibilities Author
- Ensuring that are included in the list of authors / writers meet the criteria as the author / authors.
- Collectively responsible for the work and the content of the article covering methods, analysis, calculation, and details.
- Stating the origin of the resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Explains the limitations in the study
- Responding to comments made by the associate editor in a professional and timely manner.
- Inform the editor if it will retract his paper.
- Make a statement that the papers submitted for publication is original, has not been published anywhere in any language, and not in the process of submission to another publisher.
Duties and Responsibilities of Management Journal
- Specify the name of the journal, the scope of science, publications, and accreditation as required.
- Determine the membership of the editorial board.
- Defines the relationship between the publisher, editor, associate editor, and other parties in a contract.
- Appreciate things that are confidential, both for researchers who contribute, author / writer, editor, and associate editor.
- Applying norms and regulations regarding intellectual property rights, in particular, copyright.
- Conduct policy reviews journal and presents it to the author / authors, the board of editors, associate editors, and readers.
- Creating guidelines for the behavior code editor and associate editor.
- Publish journals on a regular basis.
- Ensure the availability of funding sources for continued publication of the journal.
- Build a network of collaboration and marketing.
- Preparing licensing and other legal aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities Editor
- Reconciling the needs of the reader and the author / authors,
- Strive to increase the quality of publications in a sustainable manner,
- Applying the process to ensure the quality of papers published,
- Emphasizes freedom of speech objectively,
- Maintaining the integrity of the author's academic track record,
- Submit corrections, clarifications, withdrawal, and an apology, if necessary,
- Responsible for the style and format of the paper, while the contents and any statement in the paper are the responsibility of the author / writer,
- Actively ask the opinion of the author, reader, associate editor and editorial board members to improve the quality of publications,
- Pushing for an assessment of the journal if there are findings,
- Supports initiatives to reduce errors research and publication by the authors attach a form requesting clearance of Ethics approved by the Ethics Committee clearance,
- Supports initiatives to educate researchers about publication ethics,
- Assessing the effects of policy on the issue of the attitude of the author / writer and associate editor and fix it to increase accountability and reduce errors,
- Have an open mind towards new opinion or views of others that may conflict with personal opinions,
- Do not maintain their own opinion, the author or third parties which may result in a decision, not objective,
- Encouraging the author / authors, in order to make improvements worth the paper until sunrise.
Duties and Responsibilities associate editor
- Given the task of editors to review the papers and submit the review to the editor, as a matter of determining the feasibility of a paper for publication.
- Reviewers should not conduct examination of papers involving him, either directly or indirectly
- Maintain the privacy of the author by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations provide criticism, suggestions, feedback, and recommendations
- Encouraging author / writer to make improvements papers
- Review the papers that have been fixed in accordance with the standards set.
- Papers are reviewed in a timely manner in accordance manuscript style publication based on scientific principles (data collection methods, the legality of the author, conclusions, and others.).